Sunday, June 29, 2008

week 2 component C


Component C


Chose any topic of your choice.

Lake Tahoe, California

Lake Tahoe is my favorite place to vacation during winter and summer. It is a popular travel destination for many people and not only people from California vacation there. There's snowboarding and skiing in the winter and water sports in the summer. It's only a couple hours away from Santa Rosa and has affordable lodges and hotels. My sister just moved to Tahoe, I can't wait to visit her and take part in everything Tahoe has to offer this summer. Tahoe is a family tradition for many people in California. Its a place that everyone can find something they enjoy doing. From outdoor activities, camping, swimming, hiking or shopping at the local shops and going to spas.

I remember my family taking our annual camping trip to Tahoe when I was little. Tahoe has so many of my favorite childhood memories that I wish I could visit Tahoe more often. Tahoe connects to my study of humanities in that it has a culture, history and people. Its a place that the visitors have created a majority of the culture. And the great climate and scenary have established a popular travel spot for many people. Tahoe is a large part of California and its culture.

Using your classmates work from last week, tell us one thing you learned from 1 student.

From reading Jeni Lyons blog from last week I learned that this is her 4th consecutive semester at the SRJC. And she has completed a Human Resources Certificate and now I am working towards completing my AA degree. I found that I have the same goals at her and I have also been at the SRJC for 4 semesters. I can’t wait to get my AA degree and transfer soon.

From my classmate Ryan Dunham I learned that he just completed his first year at SRJC and he wants to transfer to a CSU. He wants to be a sociology or criminology major. My major is sociology which I strongly recommend to Ryan because it is a very broad major/subject that will allow you to have many career choices and the sociology classes I have taken are very interesting and straightforward.

Lastly, I learned about my classmate Alyce who is taking this class to fulfill GE requirement for AA degree. She interested in learning more about film and dance in this context. And this is the first time that she has ever created a blog page.

No comments: